Saturday 3 August 2013

Interview with a former TeenModeling.TV child model

With so many child modeling agencies around the world, you can't help but find yourself wondering what becomes of the children that were photographed and how they're affected by what happened to them. We were lucky enough to get the opportunity to interview a former child model from TeenModeling.TV and to have her reflect on her experience and provide an insight into what went on and how it still affects her today.

OpExposure: On how many occasions (approximately), did you pose as a model during photography sessions with Rodney Kress?

Former Model: From what I can recall, I worked approximately one 40 hour week with Rodney.

OpExposure: How did Rodney describe the intentions behind producing these images?

Former Model: Rodney explained that he had vast network of professional contacts, including talent/modeling agents and other people who are able to launch young models’ careers. He said that these people pay him a lot of money to provide them with new talent. He said that he could not guarantee fame, but he felt that I had a lot of potential and that modeling for him would open a lot of doors.

OpExposure: Did Rodney ever make it clear that the images being produced were being sold on the internet to members of the public?

Former Model: No. He said that the photos were sold only to professional, legitimate professionals in the modeling world. He vaguely explained that only a few sample photos would be available online and that he ensured full access was only sold to these business-minded professionals.

OpExposure: During the photography sessions did Rodney ever ask you to pose inappropriately or ask you to do things that made you feel uncomfortable?

Former Model: Yes. The first couple of days were markedly more comfortable for me as a young teenager. The environment was light and I was given a lot of freedom to wear outfits that I liked and pose in ways I felt comfortable. It was fun at first. Then, he and a partner became more insistent that I needed to dress for certain themes. Pajamas, formal dresses, mature Halloween-like costumes, and other overtly sexualized outfits. The poses also become more “adult-like” as he called it. He explained that if I wanted to seem like a versatile young model, I would need to prove that I could look older. I felt strange about this, but by that time, he had gained my trust. I felt that I couldn’t back out, after he had put so much time into working with me. After those last few days, I remember feeling very uncomfortable and like I had done something wrong. But as a naïve young person, I was entirely unaware of the ill-intentions of the people who were granted easy access to these images.

OpExposure: Can you tell us about the types of clothing you were made to pose in?

Former Model: Some of the outfits were age-appropriate as a young teenager; sandals, jeans, tank-tops, and colorful jewelry. These photos did not appear as frequently on the website. Rodney preferred to publish the photos that were taken in string bikinis, skimpy pajamas, and other revealing dresses. Again, he insisted that versatility was important and insisted that I wear props like wigs, angel wings, fishnet stockings, tall heels, and similar items that I retrospectively recognize as objects of some sexual fetishes.

OpExposure: Based upon your dealings with Rodney Kress, did you ever get the impression that he possibly has a sexual interest in prepubescent and teenage girls, or is it that he's purely motivated by unscrupulous greed?

Former Model: I cannot say with any certainty that he himself has pedophilic tendencies, but he did seem to enjoy taking the photos. He played loud music and was often smiling and laughing. I feel that he was amused by my discomfort as the outfits and poses became more provocative. He is likely motivated by greed above all else.

OpExposure: Are you aware that there are networks of pedophiles actively operating on the internet trading and exchanging these types of images of underage girls?

Former Model: Yes, I am aware of this. The work of OpExposure has made this reality much clearer to me.

OpExposure: In hindsight how do you feel about what happened to you during this period of your life?

Former Model: I am deeply saddened and ashamed about my participation on Rodney Kress’ website. I feel that my innocence, naiveté, and hopes for a future of financial stability were exploited. I suffer from anxiety as a result of my time spent with Rodney and from knowing that my photos have been seen by countless pedophiles. I also feel some guilt for having inadvertently contributed to the musings of pedophiles who were/are possibly hurting young children in real life. I am also profoundly angry that Rodney Kress and people like him make such riches by catering to pedophiles using non-nude photos that are technically legal. I struggle with this anger ten years later, which is why I am happy to contribute to the mission of OpExposure.

OpExposure: What would you say to any girls that might be considering posing for Rodneys website "TeenModeling.TV"?

Former Model: Don’t. Period. Aside for the moral issue of contributing to pedophilia, you alone will need to personally live with the image of strangers, secretly purchasing images of you and your body to cater to their own sick obsessions with young, pre-pubescent girls. Consider the possibility that these individuals may then become inspired to hurt young girls in real life. Don’t pose for people like Rodney Kress because he will profit immensely off of you and you will receive next to nothing. There are no positive outcomes to posing for TeenModeling.TV for anyone other than Rodney Kress, his associated, and the pedophiles who purchase your photos.

OpExposure: If you could say anything to Rodney Kress and other people like him doing this to children, what would you say?

Former Model: It is a miscarriage of justice that you are not in jail. You are no better than then people who purchase your photos or those who sexually exploit children while not sitting in front of their computer. Rodney, you are a father. Imagine how you would feel if men were looking at your daughter the way that your clientele look at the young children that you exploit on your website.

OpExposure: We would like to thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.